Liverpool turned down the chance to sign Christian Pulisic much to the chagrin of supporters but that decision seems to have been vindicated.

The American winger broke down in tears after being substituted while on international duty with USA on Tuesday.

Head coach Gregg Berhalter said Pulisic was withdrawn because he had been suffering from “flu-like symptoms” in the days before the game.

Liverpool were linked with Pulisic before it was announced he would join Chelsea in the summer and after the Blues paid €64 million (£58m) to sign him, it looks as though the Reds made the right decision to steer clear.

Christian Pulisic.

The Times’ reliable Paul Joyce wrote back in 2018 that while Jurgen Klopp ‘liked’ Pulisic, the German, alongside Michael Edwards and FSG, felt as though he wasn’t worth a marquee fee.

The 21-year-old has scored zero goals for Chelsea having started just three games for the London outfit.

While Klopp and his transfer committee are usually lauded for the transfers they have made, it’s time to congratulate them on ignoring the Pulisic hype.

About The Author

South African Liverpool fan and freelance writer.

Related Posts

4 Responses

  1. wizzy zube

    English media are to quick to hype and criticise players…
    Their knowledge of football is close to nothing.

    Naby Keita has contributed what and what?

    Leave the young boy alone…

    Reply
    • Michael Mongie

      Naby Keita bossed Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter finals on the way to picking up a winners medal…

      Reply
      • Peter

        Funny how arsenal fans said the same thing when Liverpool signed mane…he is 21 years old and in the toughest league in the world for christ sake…by the time salah is 30 years and pulisic is just 24 that is when you will realize you made a mistake of not signing him

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.